Similar to a 1099, a K-1 form is an accounting of the tax income for the year.

Each investor receives one per investment. K-1 forms are most commonly used in partnerships and in real estate ownership. It is not uncommon for a K-1 to show a “paper loss” despite having received cashflow distributions. These paper losses can help investors reduce their taxable income. Talk to your CPA about how K-1 losses from Real Estate Investments can help reduce your taxable income.

K-1s are made available to our investors in the month of March every year.